8’C I almost got stuck in kia’s actual bathroom too but….
wait I shouldn’t tell you that
NO I THINK WE SHOULD DEFINITELY TALK ABOUT THAT
NOPE. I don’t think we will. It needs to be buried and never spoken of again.
no i think we’re goign to talk about it RIIIIIGHT NOOOWWWW
Fine I give in.
I have a problem with bathrooms and that problem is they entrap me all too easily.
I have the same problem with bookstores, oddly enough.
A summary of how people die (and don’t) in swordfights
This is a really good article about how quickly people actually die from cuts and punctures inflicted by swords and knives. However, it’s really really long and I figured that since I was summarizing for my own benefit I’d share it for anyone else who is writing fiction that involves hacking and slashing your villain(s) to death. If you want the nitty gritty of the hows and whys of this, you can find it at the original source.
…even in the case of mortal wounds, pain may not reach levels of magnitude sufficient to incapacitate a determined swordsman.
Causes of death from stabs and cuts:
- massive bleeding (exsanguination) - most common
- air in the bloodstream (air embolism)
- suffocation (asphyxia)
- air in the chest cavity (pneumothorax)
Stabbing vs cutting:
- Stabbing someone actually takes very little force if you don’t hit bone or hard cartilage.
- The most important factor in the ease of stabbing is the velocity of the blade at impact with the skin, followed by the sharpness of the blade.
- Stabbing wounds tend to close after the weapon is withdrawn.
- Stabbing wounds to muscles are not typically very damaging. Damage increases with the width of the blade.
- Cutting wounds are typically deepest at the site of initial impact and get shallower as force is transferred from the initial swing to pushing and pressing.
- Cutting wounds have a huge number of factors that dictate how deep they are and how easily they damage someone: skill, radial velocity, mass of the blade, and the size of the initial impact.
- Cutting wounds along the grain of musculature are not typically very damaging but cutting wounds across the grain can incapacitate.
Arteries vs veins:
- Severed veins have almost zero blood pressure and sometimes even negative pressure. They do not spurt but major veins can suck air in causing an air embolism.
- Cutting or puncturing a vein is usually not fatal.
- Severed arteries have high blood pressure. The larger arteries do spurt and can often cause death due to exsanguination.
Body parts as targets:
- Severing a jugular vein in the neck causes an air embolism and will make the victim collapse after one or two gasps for air.
- Severing a carotid artery in the neck cuts off the blood supply to the brain but the victim may be conscious for up to thirty seconds.
- Stabbing or cutting the neck also causes the victim to aspirate blood that causes asphyxiation and death.
- Severing a major abdominal artery or vein would cause immediate collapse, but this takes a fairly heavy blade and a significant amount of effort because they are situated near the spine.
- Abdominal wounds that only impact the organs can cause death but they do not immediately incapacitate.
- Severing an artery in the interior of the upper arm causes exsanguination and death but does not immediately incapacitate.
- Severing an artery in the palm side of the forearm causes exsanguination and death but does not immediately incapacitate.
- Severing the femoral artery at a point just above and behind the knee is the best location. Higher up the leg it is too well protected to easily hit. This disables and will eventually kill the victim but does not immediately incapacitate.
- Cutting across the muscles of the forearm can immediately end the opponent’s ability to hold their weapon.
- Cutting across the palm side of the wrist causes immediate loss of ability to hold a weapon.
- Stab wounds to the arm do not significantly impact the ability to wield a weapon or use it.
- Cuts and stab wounds to the front and back of the legs generally do not do enough muscle damage to cause total loss of use of that leg.
- Bone anywhere in the body can bend or otherwise disfigure a blade.
- The brain can be stabbed fairly easily through the eyes, the temples, and the sinuses.
- Stabs to the brain are more often not incapacitating.
The lungs as targets:
- Slicing into the lung stops that lung from functioning, but the other lung continues to function normally. This also requires either luck to get between the ribs or a great deal of force to penetrate the ribs.
- Stabbing the lung stops that lung from functioning, but the other lung continues to function normally. It is significantly easier to stab between ribs than to slice.
- It is possible to stab the victim from the side and pass through both lungs with an adequate length blade. It is very unlikely that this will happen with a slicing hit.
- “Death caused solely by pneumothorax is generally a slow process, occurring as much as several hours after the wound is inflicted.”
- Lung punctures also typically involve the lung filling with blood, but this is a slow process.
The heart as a target:
I’m just going to quote this paragraph outright with a few omissions and formatting changes for clarity because it’s chock-full of good info:
…[stabbing] wounds to the heart the location, depth of penetration, blade width, and the presence or absence of cutting edges are important factors influencing a wounded duelist’s ability to continue a combat.
- Large cuts that transect the heart may be expected to result in swift incapacitation…
- …stab wounds, similar to those that might be inflicted by a thrust with a sword with a narrow, pointed blade may leave a mortally wounded victim capable of surprisingly athletic endeavors.
Essentially, the heart can temporarily seal itself well enough to keep pressure up for a little while if it’s a simple stab. The arteries around the heart, while they are smaller and harder to hit, actually cause incapacitation much more quickly.
OKAY SO REMEMBER WHEN I SAID I HAD SPENT A LOT OF TIME MINECRAFTING AND IT WAS CAUSING A BIT OF STRAIN ON MY COMP, BUT THAT I HAD ALSO TAMED TWO WOLVES IN-GAME AND NAMED THEM CROWLEY AND BRIGID?
…maybe not, BUT STILL. I found these old screenshots while cleaning out a folder, of my little in-game fandom homages. Granted, none of the furries got those references, but I could still chortle to myself at least, heh.
So here, have a glimpse of my hellpuppies before the asshole that dug into my storeroom killed ‘em off. >:(
Okay, I’m sorry if this is a case of feeding a troll, but I’m incensed and must speak out, because like HELL am I letting this little gremlin get away from me. I’ve watched too many of my friends get plagued by these grayfaced assholes.
(Before I begin, let me slip into my “Fuck U” attire.)
First of all, joke’s on you, hate-anon! I ONLY WORKED AT WAL-MART FOR TWO WEEKS DURING MY BRIEF STINT OF VOC REHAB~. HA HA!
Secondly, of course I’m fat. I’m poor and American and I could go on a whole combination of societal spiel, cultural norms, economic limitations, my own shortcomings as a human being regarding my health and what not. But you know what? Just because I’m not the prettiest girl in the world doesn’t mean I’m not a good person (except to scrabbleshits like you obvs), or at least try to be. Food makes me happy. Food can (rarely) hurt you (with enough imagination, a rubber fan belt, and a funnel, sure maybe, but I’m speaking in general terms here). It is not a judgmental piece of shit like you. In fact, if I had the choice between being stuck at the end of the world with you, and ten minutes to live to enjoy a piece of cake, I’d take the fuckin’ cake.
So in short summation, hate-anon:
And I swear, by every goddamn deity in pantheons imaginary and non, you can mob me with your nasty little words all you want. But if I catch you or so much as HEAR about and your ilk picking on my friends as a result of this, or if I find you picking on them AGAIN like I know you have been:
NOW YOU KIDS GET THE FUCK OFF MY
LAWN BLOG, ‘CAUSE IT IS WAY 2 COOL 4 U.
How's your job at walmart going? lol obese piece of garbage
OH HELL NAW, I DID NOT COME BACK TO MY PERSONAL BLOG FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE WEEKS TO FIND A HATE ANON IN MY INBOX.
ANON YOU BEST CHECK YO’SELF BEFORE
YOU WRECK YOURSELF I SHIT A FRIGGIN’ BRICK AND SMASH IT INTO THE TEETH OF THAT PRETTY BLANK FACE OF YOURS.
And while we’re on the subject of being notable pains in the asses~…
Ladies and gentlemen, because of the recent events that have gone down at askcrowleyandcas and my reactions as a result (and the fact that I am back after my adventures in evacuation), I feel I am obligated to reblog this, once again.
So I made a font today. And what have YOU done?
2 questions: 1)How do you make a font? and 2) is thre somewhere I can download this one????? it’s CUTE
Oh my gosh nuuuuu it is not cute. >///<
Anyway, the site I used was MyScriptFont, you just download and print the template out, fill it out, and then scan it back up (they like it to be around 2000 px at 300 dpi, just an FYI).
And a place to download it? Weeeeellll…
Because I got tagged by the beautiful bunnieswithsunglasses who you should all be following, I shall now be answering these questions.
Always post the rules. THERE’S NO RULES! *tries to take off shirt* “Put your shirt back on!” THERE’S ONE RULE!
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones. (FOR
Rule 3: Tag 11 new people and link them to your post. (Meeerrrrh fiiiiine.)
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them. (Ugh but that’ll take FOREVER.)
- What is one thing you could eat for the rest of your life? - Mmh…hard to say. My stomach acts funny, but, if I could do it and not get sick, the escargot they used to make at this one restaurant in Cocoa Village - it was served up in a half-clam shell on a bed of spinach with hollandaise sauce. It was DIVINE and it’s been my favorite food since I was six.
- Do you drink enough water every day? - Uhhhh. Probably not, no. Oops. No wonder my bladder’s pissed at me. *ba-dum tssh* (Are urine jokes in bad taste unless you’re the Sniper?)
- Do you have any posters in your room? - Well, not in my dorm room (save my Frog Xing sign and Ciruelo calendar), but at home I have a giant poster of red-eyed tree frogs on one side and a Dumbledore’s Army one on the other.
- What’s one thing about your life you love right now? - Probably all the friends I’ve made online as of late. You guys are just…I dunno what’d I do without you all. <3 (Also my art is improving ‘cause of my RP blog! YAY!)
- Is your room clean? - MY DORM ROOM IS ‘CAUSE I JUST CLEANED IT.
- Which is your favourite game console? - PC generally, but I pretty much grew up on Game Boy Advance games. Let’s face it, GBA was amazing.
- Are you lookin’ good today? -
- Ash has a Pikachu, which Pokémon would you take with you outside of it’s ball? - Definitely a Lombre. Let’s face it, I never met a Lombre I didn’t like. And they’re so jolly, how would people not love that while traveling?
- What’s you favourite alcoholic beverage? - I’m partial to coconut rum. Mixed with a little Mr. Pibb? Mmm, that’s good drinkin’. Or a spritz of vodka and 7-UP.
- What’s your least favourite food? - Ugh, raw tomatoes and anything with peppers in it. I’ve never liked peppers.
- It’s dark and you’re in your house alone with the lights off. You hear a bang and a scratching outside the window. What is your first thought that it could be, irrational or not? - Depends on where I am. If I’m at home, it’s likely my crazy-ass neighbors so I’ll grab the machete and go get mom so she can get the shotgun. If I’m at my dorm, grab the salt and barricade myself in the bathroom because I LIVE ON THE THIRD FLOOR AND AIN’T NO SHIT S’POSED TO BE OUT THERE unless it’s one of the buzzards from the dumpster outside. (Alternatively: Determine if it is my long-delayed letter from Hogwarts. If not, panic.)
1. Favorite book or book series?
2. If you could pick one animal to be your spirit animal, what would it be?
3. Which fandom would you say you’re most active in (RP’ing, fanart, fanfics, etc.) and do you enjoy it there?
4. How do you feel about furries?
5. What was your favorite TV show/cartoon growing up?
6. If you could LIVE anywhere in the world (live, not visit, mind you), where would it be and why?
7. Have a crush? If you do, who? (Note: Yes, celebrity crushes count too.)
8. Favorite season?
9. What’s your LEAST favorite animal?
10. Have you been to college? Even if you haven’t, what major would you choose?
11. If you could meet any historical figure at any point in time for any reason, who would it be and what would be that reason?
AND I TAG THESE SIMILARLY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WHO YOU ALSO SHOULD BE FOLLOWING:
So I made a font today. And what have YOU done?
I am finally home from errands. I am tired. I haven’t eaten all day. I did not enjoy my therapy like I usually do. And my grandmother is starting up again about my grades.
I AM IN NO MOOD FOR BULLSHIT TODAY.
I’m going to work on my art and my RP blog for a while and hopefully with soulless!Rache I will have something nice and cathartic to vent my frustrations with. If you need me, shoot me a message there.
THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT.